Competency Training News

How 2020 Made Us Adaptable

POSTED: December 21 2020

COVID-19 has had a significant impact on many industries as copious amounts of projects were cancelled, slowed down or simply abandoned due to nationwide restrictions. There was many a financial hardship as jobs were lost and the economy slowed with a substantial decline in March and April. Many businesses and individuals sought financial government assistance and it felt like there was no end in sight.

At Competency Training, we responded to the Queensland restrictions by transitioning our face-to-face learning to low-contact, blended learning with 80% of our course content conducted virtually and the remaining 20% completed face-to-face. Our live-streamed courses have been a tremendous success with us being able to teach students in several different time zones at the same time.

Now that restrictions are slowly easing, it is important to be mindful of the uncertain nature of the pandemic and that we still need to remain COVID-safe. If this year has taught us anything, it is that unpredictable things can happen, and it is important to be adaptable. Competency Training encourages the importance of resilience and being flexible to change as we come to the close of a particularly trying year.

As businesses begin to re-open, we are having to adapt to a ‘new normal’ by maintaining new, safe practices on-site and working remotely wherever possible. So, whether you are back at work or still working from home, Competency Training offers training options to help equip you with skills to continue to level up your career.

Chat with a Course Advisor

Please leave your details below and one of our course advisors will be in touch as soon as possible.

"*" indicates required fields